The latest in college sports business news from around the web:
Have you heard of the design firms PageSoutherlandPage and DLR Group? Well, they have just both been selected to help construct University of Houston’s new football stadium. Read more about the costs, the dimensions, and the estimated time frame for the project.
What would you do if you were an injured NCAA athlete who lost his or her scholarship due to injury? Two former college football players sued the NCAA when this happened to them back in 2010 claiming that “they were wrongly denied scholarships that would have covered the cost of their bachelor’s degrees despite their injuries.” How did the case turn out? Were these arguments valid?
Did you know that Homeland Security ranks stadium attacks in the top 12 most devastating acts of terrorism? It is obvious precautions must be taken to help protect and secure players and spectators alike at sports facilities and venues around the country. Read more about the pilot security program several big name schools are participating in.
Urban Meyer is the new coach at Ohio State. Yet, his team is currently under a year one suspension from bowl games due to a NCAA rules violation. Does his new contract do anything to help reduce the possibility of this happening again? What are the compensation terms of this multi-year contract?
- Neutral Site College Football Game Payouts - August 28, 2014
- March Madness Fans Seriously Love Tweeting - March 29, 2014
- Tweet Madness: Who Will Be Crowned the Champ? - March 26, 2014
- Tweet Madness: Midwest, Round 2 - March 20, 2014
- Tweet Madness: West, Round 2 - March 19, 2014
- Tweet Madness: East, Round 2 - March 18, 2014
- Tweet Madness: South, Round 2 - March 18, 2014
- Tweet Madness: Crowning the NCAA Basketball Champs by Twitter Handle - March 17, 2014
- How are Fans Getting Their College Sports Fix? - March 17, 2014
- BCS Conference Games See an Increase in Attendance - December 10, 2013