Today, Kansas Athletics and IMG College announced a new long-term television partnership with Time Warner Cable Sports. The deal will see over 300 hours of original programming air annually, including live games and “extensive non-game programming solely focused on the Jayhawks,” according to a press release.
In addition to live programming, non-game programming will be available via video on-demand to Time Warner Cable customers around the country. Regionally, Time Warner Cable Metro Sports, will carry live games, including football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, soccer and track and field events.
“When Time Warner Cable Sports approached us with this concept, we knew, if done right, it could greatly benefit Kansas Athletics and our fan base,” Kansas Director of Athletics Sheahon Zenger said. “With more Kansas Athletics programming available throughout the state and to Time Warner cable customers throughout the country than ever has been before, Jayhawk fans will have more opportunities to catch our sports in action. We are eager to work with Time Warner Cable Metro Sports to bring this exciting concept to life.”
Non-game programming will include, “pre- and post-game shows for Jayhawk football and men’s basketball games, a weekly “magazine-style” show, Hawk Talk Radio Show simulcasts, a social media-centered show driven by fans, live press conferences, a Jayhawk Rewind highlight show, a quarterly Jayhawk Legends series and quarterly University of Kansas academic specials,” according to the press release.
- The Business of the Final Four - April 4, 2014
- Division 1 Athletic Directors to Stand United Against Pay-for-Play - September 25, 2013
- College Athletic Programs Vying to Be Dominant in Twitter-sphere - July 29, 2013
- Triumphant Troy: USC wins deal to own LA Coliseum - July 8, 2013
- Julie Hermann Posts Open Letter to Rutgers’ Student-Athletes - June 18, 2013
- Kansas and IMG Ink Deal with Time Warner Cable Sports - June 18, 2013
- UConn to Add 2,000 Temporary Seats for Michigan Game - April 9, 2013
- New Databases Added: 2010-2011 Football Revenue and Expenses - April 8, 2013
- Penn State on the Rebound - April 5, 2013
- Educators: Business of College Football Text Coming Soon! - April 4, 2013