Just one month ago, Texas A&M was depicted as a bully who got its thrills from suing double amputee cancer survivors. The story generated headlines like these:
“Texas A&M threatens to sue double amputee, cancer survivor”
“Texas A&M tackles double amputee over ’12th Man'”
“Texas A&M plays hardball with a double amputee over 12th Man trademark”
Those headlines appeared on July 2nd and 3rd when news broke that Texas A&M sent multiple cease and desist letters to a group of Bills fans who founded the site 12thManThunder.com, one member of which happens to be a double amputee cancer survivor.
Charles “Chuckie” Sonntag, the aforementioned individual, told reporters earlier this month, “My experience has proven two things: a handicapped person can accomplish just about anything â and Texas A&M will sue just about anybody.”
Today the headline is that Texas A&M has reached a settlement agreement with the group that will result in the 12thManThunder.com domain name and associated social media accounts reverting to Texas A&M. And Chuckie Sonntag has sure changed his tune.
You can also listen to my Saturday Millionaires podcast for more on this issue.
- NACDA Young Professionals Cover Letter/Resume/Mock Interview Workshop 2017 - March 15, 2017
- Going Inside the College Football Playoff Selection Committee Process - December 21, 2016
- Why I’m Impressed After Touring The Athletics Facilities At The University Of Arkansas - December 21, 2016
- Scott Stricklin’s Career Path is a Great Case Study for Aspiring Athletic Directors - September 27, 2016
- Memphis Being Cut From Consideration Signals Big 12 Expansion May Not Happen - September 9, 2016
- College Football Playoff’s Bill Hancock Plays an Integral Role at Olympic Games - August 8, 2016
- Listen: Kristi Joins ‘The Brett Kane Show with Bock’ to Talk Big 12 Expansion - August 4, 2016
- Listen: Kristi Joins Tide 102.9 to Discuss Big 12 Expansion - August 3, 2016
- Listen: Kristi Joins ‘The Bill King Show’ to Talk Big 12 Expansion - August 2, 2016
- Listen: Kristi Joins ‘We’ve Never Been Clicked’ to Talk Biz of College Sports - August 2, 2016