Today, I’m joined by Bruce Floyd, Social Media Manager for the University of Florida athletic department. We discussed how he’s approached social media strategy and messaging during the COVID-19 outbreak that has canceled all winter and spring NCAA sports.
We chat about the types of content that can be posted now, creative ideas for engaging fans, and how you can plan for the future with so much uncertainty.
If your athletic department is doing something unique or that’s producing increased engagement at this time, shoot me a DM on Twitter or an email and tell me all about it!
You can listen below or click the Subscribe button at the end of this post to be taken to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Click here to subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform >>
- How UAB is Planning for Football During the Pandemic - March 31, 2020
- The Inside Story of an Unlikely Bowl Sponsor - March 24, 2020
- Social Media Strategy During the COVID-19 Pandemic - March 18, 2020
- Golic and Wingo: The Economic Impact of Coronavirus on Sports - March 13, 2020
- Bonus: Local Impact of NCAA Basketball Tournament Changes - March 12, 2020
- Nebraska First To Launch Program To Help Student Athletes Maximize The Value Of Their Individual Brands - March 11, 2020
- BCS Facilities Roundup – Feb 2020 - March 11, 2020
- Creating Halls of Fame for Collegiate Programs - March 10, 2020
- Scott Stricklin’s Approach To Prioritizing Athletic Facilities Projects At Florida - March 5, 2020
- Mountain West Trading Las Vegas Bowl for LA Bowl at SoFi Stadium - March 5, 2020