Today, I’m joined by Bruce Floyd, Social Media Manager for the University of Florida athletic department. We discussed how he’s approached social media strategy and messaging during the COVID-19 outbreak that has canceled all winter and spring NCAA sports.
We chat about the types of content that can be posted now, creative ideas for engaging fans, and how you can plan for the future with so much uncertainty.
If your athletic department is doing something unique or that’s producing increased engagement at this time, shoot me a DM on Twitter or an email and tell me all about it!
You can listen below or click the Subscribe button at the end of this post to be taken to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Click here to subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform >>
- Why is College Tennis Taking a Hit? - June 30, 2020
- Kristi Dosh on The Ruling Podcast - June 29, 2020
- Black Student Athletes Using Their Voices To Demand Change - June 24, 2020
- Race and Intercollegiate Athletics - June 4, 2020
- Wright State Cuts Three Sports - June 3, 2020
- BGSU Baseball Saved - June 2, 2020
- UAH Hockey Saved For 2020-21 Season - June 2, 2020
- Brown Transitioning 11 Varsity Teams to Club Status - May 29, 2020
- University of Alabama in Huntsville Extends Lifeline to Cut Sports - May 27, 2020
- Appalachian State Cuts Men’s Soccer, Tennis and Indoor Track & Field - May 27, 2020