There’s an interesting piece over on AL.com today about the Crimson Tide Foundation purchasing Nick Saban’s 8,759 square foot house from him for $3.1 million shortly after Alabama beat Notre Dame for the national championship in January 2013. It’s probably not a coincidence that happened around the same time Saban was rumored to be speaking with Texas about its head coaching position.
Saban is currently banking $6.9 million annually under a new contract he signed earlier this year with Alabama that attempts to keep him as head coach through at least 2022, and now he has a house he can live in for the rest of his life rent free.
He’s worth every penny – and I say that as a Florida grad.
Click here to read more of my piece on Outkick the Coverage, where I detail Saban’s financial impact on University of Alabama.
- How to Get a College Coaching Job as an International Candidate
- LSU Gymnast Olivia Dunne Announces First NIL Brand Deal Is With Activewear Brand Vuori
- The Earning Potential for Student Athletes in Arizona
- Turnkey Tailgating Business Booming As Fans Return To College Football Stadiums
- The NIL Economy in Columbus, Ohio