Last Updated on October 27, 2014 by Kristi Dosh
There’s an interesting piece over on AL.com today about the Crimson Tide Foundation purchasing Nick Saban’s 8,759 square foot house from him for $3.1 million shortly after Alabama beat Notre Dame for the national championship in January 2013. It’s probably not a coincidence that happened around the same time Saban was rumored to be speaking with Texas about its head coaching position.
Saban is currently banking $6.9 million annually under a new contract he signed earlier this year with Alabama that attempts to keep him as head coach through at least 2022, and now he has a house he can live in for the rest of his life rent free.
He’s worth every penny – and I say that as a Florida grad.
Click here to read more of my piece on Outkick the Coverage, where I detail Saban’s financial impact on University of Alabama.
- North Carolina Brands Back HBCU Female Athletes With NIL Deal
- UCLA Quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson Partners With Crash Bandicoot
- NBCUniversal’s Streaming Platform Peacock Initiates The First NIL Live Sporting Event
- NIL Education Program Pushes Student-Athletes to Become Better Storytellers
- Marshall Tight End Devin Miller Lands Dream NIL Opportunity in Deal With Dr. Squatch