Texas A&M declining to produce No. 7 football jerseys might be an unpopular decision with fans, but it’s the smart business decision. The No. 7 football jersey is worn by quarterback Kenny Hill, who had a school-record 511 passing yards in Texas A&M’s unexpected route of South Carolina to kick off the season last Thursday.
It’s no surprise there’s some demand from retailers to carry a No. 7 jersey, but there’s absolutely no good business reason for Texas A&M producing it. The revenue simply isn’t worth the risk.
- Rayquan Smith Signs First HBCU NIL Deal With a Pro Sports Team
- Gatorade’s First NIL Deal is With Paige Bueckers
- Game Face: My New NIL Podcast with Linktree for Student Athletes
- Learfield Allied Offers Access to Intellectual Property for NIL
- Oregon Student Athletes Will Rotate As Airbnb Hosts in New NIL Concept