This week on my Game Face podcast with Linktree, I’m chatting with Duke University track and field athlete Emily Cole. You may know Emily from her viral TikTok video looking for a date for her formal (she shares the full behind the scenes story with us!).
Her social media following has rapidly grown since then, enabling her to go big on NIL opportunities. Much of her focus has been on utilizing her platform to benefit others. She’s gone from posting running videos and daily vlogs to writing the sports nutrition book AthlEATS.
She has a true game plan on how she takes herself from NIL success to increasingly bigger opportunities after graduation, and covers:
- How she plans content to connect with her audience
- Her thoughts on reusing TikTok videos on Instagram
- The one piece of advice she’d give every student athlete on making their personal brand work for them
- And so much more!
You can listen below or on your favorite podcast platform.
Transcript available here.
You can also listen to previous episodes here and share with student athletes you know who want to build their brands and grow their platforms!
- First College Football Athlete With Down Syndrome Inks NIL Deal
- Adobe Launches Micro Internship Initiative With HBCU and HSI Athletes
- Current Guidance on NIL for International Student Athletes
- Bumble Signs 50 Female College Athletes To NIL Deals For Title IX’s 50th Anniversary
- Incoming USC QB Malachi Nelson Announces First NIL Deal