Last Updated on March 26, 2022
This week on my Game Face podcast with Linktree, I’m chatting with Duke University track and field athlete Emily Cole. You may know Emily from her viral TikTok video looking for a date for her formal (she shares the full behind the scenes story with us!).
Her social media following has rapidly grown since then, enabling her to go big on NIL opportunities. Much of her focus has been on utilizing her platform to benefit others. She’s gone from posting running videos and daily vlogs to writing the sports nutrition book AthlEATS.
She has a true game plan on how she takes herself from NIL success to increasingly bigger opportunities after graduation, and covers:
- How she plans content to connect with her audience
- Her thoughts on reusing TikTok videos on Instagram
- The one piece of advice she’d give every student athlete on making their personal brand work for them
- And so much more!
You can listen below or on your favorite podcast platform.
Transcript available here.
You can also listen to previous episodes here and share with student athletes you know who want to build their brands and grow their platforms!
- Pringles Launches Pringles NIL March Mustache Collection
- Colorado Football Sells More Than 30,000 Tickets For Its 2023 Spring Game
- How Can International Athletes Get NIL Deals? Here’s How to Do It Safely
- Degree Partners With Giannis Antetokounmpo for Walk-On NIL Deals
- Automating NIL Operations for Collectives and Universities