Last Updated on February 15, 2022
This week on my Game Face podcast with Linktree, I’m joined by gymnastics phenom Leah Clapper, a senior at University of Florida and 2021 Southeastern Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year. Leah also happens to be my teaching assistant for my NIL course at UF!
Leah has built a social following and found success with brand deals. She’s done something very interesting with the opportunity offered by Name Image and Likeness (NIL) by teaming up with her club coach to create and launch her own product: the first ever gymnastics board game Balance Palace, with the goal of creating experiences that ignite the athlete spirit within.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The importance of storytelling in marketing
- How to take a product from concept to launch
- Why you must keep what your audience wants in mind to succeed
- And so much more!
You can listen below or on your favorite podcast platform.
Know someone we should have on Game Face? Nominate a guest here. Have a question you want us to get answered by a student athlete or NIL expert? Submit questions here.
You can also listen to previous episodes here and share with student athletes you know who want to build their brands and grow their platforms!
- Colorado Football Sells More Than 30,000 Tickets For Its 2023 Spring Game
- How Can International Athletes Get NIL Deals? Here’s How to Do It Safely
- Degree Partners With Giannis Antetokounmpo for Walk-On NIL Deals
- Automating NIL Operations for Collectives and Universities
- NIL Educational Seminar Unveiled for #NACDA23