This week on my Game Face podcast with Linktree, I’m joined by gymnastics phenom Leah Clapper, a senior at University of Florida and 2021 Southeastern Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year. Leah also happens to be my teaching assistant for my NIL course at UF!
Leah has built a social following and found success with brand deals. She’s done something very interesting with the opportunity offered by Name Image and Likeness (NIL) by teaming up with her club coach to create and launch her own product: the first ever gymnastics board game Balance Palace, with the goal of creating experiences that ignite the athlete spirit within.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The importance of storytelling in marketing
- How to take a product from concept to launch
- Why you must keep what your audience wants in mind to succeed
- And so much more!
You can listen below or on your favorite podcast platform.
You can also listen to previous episodes here and share with student athletes you know who want to build their brands and grow their platforms!
- First College Football Athlete With Down Syndrome Inks NIL Deal
- Adobe Launches Micro Internship Initiative With HBCU and HSI Athletes
- Current Guidance on NIL for International Student Athletes
- Bumble Signs 50 Female College Athletes To NIL Deals For Title IX’s 50th Anniversary
- Incoming USC QB Malachi Nelson Announces First NIL Deal