Last Updated on February 7, 2022 by Kristi Dosh
This week on my Game Face podcast with Linktree, I’m joined by Bre Socker, a DIII field hockey athlete who made the most of her NIL opportunities in her final semester of college. Bre finished her college athletic career in Division 3 field hockey at St John Fisher College with the National Field Hockey Coaches Association naming her an All-American for the second time.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How she reached out to brands
- Why the relationships she’s developed over time led to deals
- Why knowledge is power in determining your pricing
- The often-overlooked advantage to being a DIII athlete when being considered by brands
- The value of creating your own merchandise
- How schools can do more to support their athletes
- Why she’s such an advocate of talking about mental health
- And so much more!
You can listen below or on your favorite podcast platform.
You can also listen to previous episodes here and share with student athletes you know who want to build their brands and grow their platforms!
- College Football Coaching Salaries: Big Ten
- North Carolina Brands Back HBCU Female Athletes With NIL Deal
- UCLA Quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson Partners With Crash Bandicoot
- NBCUniversal’s Streaming Platform Peacock Initiates The First NIL Live Sporting Event
- NIL Education Program Pushes Student-Athletes to Become Better Storytellers