Last Updated on March 10, 2022 by Kristi Dosh
This week on my Game Face podcast with Linktree, I’m chatting with Michelle Meyer, a lady who really knows her stuff when it comes to NIL. She is the founder of the NIL Network and the Name, Image, and Likeness Coordinator for San Diego State University. As a former athlete and coach, she has some great perspective on the new NIL landscape.
In this interview, Michelle shares with us:
- How NIL has changed the college sports experience
- The current opportunity for college athletes to gain life and entrepreneurial skills
- A look into the NIL opportunities for athletes in Olympic sports
- Why it matters that you know what you want to get out of NIL opportunities
- The amazing path to networking NIL offers
- The reality of teaching brands about NIL
- The value of researching brands and platforms
- Figuring out the right marketplaces for you and how many you should work with
- And so much more!
You can listen below or on your favorite podcast platform.
You can also listen to previous episodes here and share with student athletes you know who want to build their brands and grow their platforms!
- North Carolina Brands Back HBCU Female Athletes With NIL Deal
- UCLA Quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson Partners With Crash Bandicoot
- NBCUniversal’s Streaming Platform Peacock Initiates The First NIL Live Sporting Event
- NIL Education Program Pushes Student-Athletes to Become Better Storytellers
- Marshall Tight End Devin Miller Lands Dream NIL Opportunity in Deal With Dr. Squatch