Last Updated on March 10, 2022 by Kristi Dosh
Why did this athlete decide to stay for another college season instead of potentially going pro, just to make the most of his name/image/likeness money-making possibilities? It’s end-to-end knowledge and wisdom from Ashland University track and field shining star Trevor Bassitt (9x National Champion and 16x All-American) on my Game Face podcast with Linktree.
In spite of a still relatively nascent social media following, Trevor’s business strategy and commitment, tenacity, and fearlessness have led to valuable NIL opportunities.
In this interview, Trevor shares with us:
- How you can identify your own personal brand
- Strategies for getting the attention of brands when you are being overlooked
- Important considerations as your own publicist
- The need to educate some brands on NIL
- How looking at analytics helps him strategize decisions on what content to post and the best times to do so
- And so much more!
You can listen below or on your favorite podcast platform.
You can also listen to previous episodes here and share with student athletes you know who want to build their brands and grow their platforms!
- North Carolina Brands Back HBCU Female Athletes With NIL Deal
- UCLA Quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson Partners With Crash Bandicoot
- NBCUniversal’s Streaming Platform Peacock Initiates The First NIL Live Sporting Event
- NIL Education Program Pushes Student-Athletes to Become Better Storytellers
- Marshall Tight End Devin Miller Lands Dream NIL Opportunity in Deal With Dr. Squatch