Last Updated on March 26, 2022
Success With Honor, a new NIL collective organized as a non-profit organization, has been formed to help Penn State student athletes navigate and maximize their name, image and likeness. Success With Honor kicked off with $500K in seed funding from donations and has raised another $100K in subscriptions since launching earlier this week.
The goal of Success With Honor is to create opportunities for student athletes in all 31 sports. Based in State College, Success With Honor will operate in compliance with the rules set forth by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Programs will include: academic internships, influencer marketing, brand partnerships, camps and clinics, as well as robust education in both financial and legal literacy. Success With Honor has been named the preferred provider of these services by Penn State University.
The organization was formed by five dedicated Penn State alumni who make up the Board of Directors, including:
- Chairmen of the Board, Ira Lubert, Co-founder and partner of Independence Capital Partners, a family of eight private equity and real estate funds including Lubert Adler real estate partners. Ira was a division 1 wrestler at Penn State from 1968 to 1973;
- Anthony Misitano, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of PAM Health;
- Bob Poole, President and Chief Executive Officer of S & A Homes, Inc.;
- Rick Sokolov, Director and Vice Chairman of Simon Property Group, Inc.;
- Acting CEO, Mark Toniatti, Retired Principal of Towers, Perrin, Forster and Crosby, an international management consulting firm.
In addition, Robert Tribeck Esq., Chief Legal Officer at PAM Health, will be General Counsel.
The organization says it will soon announce strategic partnerships providing opportunities for the Nittany Lion student athletes it is dedicated to serve.
The first association they’ve announced is with Student Athlete Empowerment (SAE). Under the direction of CEO Jason Belzer, SAE will manage the day-to-day operations of Success With Honor, including managing and executing all incoming NIL activation requests from brands and individuals interested in partnering with Penn State student athletes.
Additionally, a volunteer Advisory Board will help guide both the collective and student athletes. The Advisory Board consists of Penn Staters:
- Grant Ament – PLL Professional Lacrosse player (Lacrosse)
- Kelsey Amy – Senior Designer Jordan Brand at Nike (Field hockey)
- Lavar Arrington – FOX Sports Radio (Football)
- Chris Bevilacqua – Head of Bevilacqua Helfant Ventures (Wrestling)
- Todd Blackledge – ESPN Analyst (Football)
- Calvin Booth – General Manager of the Denver Nuggets (Men’s Basketball)
- Ben Bouma – Network Sports Producer (Men’s Ice Hockey)
- Megan Hodge – Professional Volleyball Player (Women’s Volleyball)
- Michael Robinson – NFL Network Analyst (Football)
- Lisa Salters – ESPN Reporter (Women’s Basketball)
- Susan Schandel – CFO of NASCAR
- Linsey Shea – Freelance Network Media operations (Women’s Lacrosse)
- David Taylor – Olympic Gold Medal Winner (Wrestling)
Other outstanding Penn State alumni athletes are expected to join the Advisory Board in the future.
Penn State student athletes also have the Nittany Commonwealth and Happy Valley Talent working on their behalf to help student athletes maximize their NIL opportunities.
- Buick Partners With Five College Basketball Stars in “See Her Greatness” Campaign
- MarketPryce Partners With UCLA Women’s Basketball Team Through TikTok Challenge
- Pringles Launches Pringles NIL March Mustache Collection
- Colorado Football Sells More Than 30,000 Tickets For Its 2023 Spring Game
- How Can International Athletes Get NIL Deals? Here’s How to Do It Safely