Last Updated on February 24, 2022 by Kristi Dosh
I recently joined the Name Image Likeness podcast to discuss…you guessed it: name, image and likeness! I had so much fun speaking with Chrissy and Wheeler.
Here’s the description of this episode:
During this episode, founder of the Business of College Sports, Kristi Dosh, draws upon her experience in reporting on the business of college sports to provide insight into the future of NIL opportunities for student-athletes. Kristi discusses the movement away from restrictive state legislation and push towards institution-level NIL guidance. Kristi also notes unique state limitations on student-athlete NIL activities. She discusses the disclosure process and unique student opportunities.
Kristi is an attorney whose interest in college sports led her towards a new career path in sports journalism. Her reporting on the business of college sports made her a key figure in this arena. She extensively covers the NIL world in her reporting. She has also written for Forbes, SportsBusiness Journal, Golf Digest, Fox Sports, Bleacher Report, and more. She hosts two podcasts, The Business of College Sports Podcast and The Game Face Podcast.
Kristi shares her journey into the world of college sports and her interest in NIL opportunities for collegiate athletes. She discusses the future of NIL guidance. She also debunks a few myths related to college sports and shares more about her book, Saturday Millionaires. Kristi shares her favorite recent nillie, a subscription box for UNC fans.
- North Carolina Brands Back HBCU Female Athletes With NIL Deal
- UCLA Quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson Partners With Crash Bandicoot
- NBCUniversal’s Streaming Platform Peacock Initiates The First NIL Live Sporting Event
- NIL Education Program Pushes Student-Athletes to Become Better Storytellers
- Marshall Tight End Devin Miller Lands Dream NIL Opportunity in Deal With Dr. Squatch