Last Updated on September 8, 2021
I recently joined Rich Cardona on The Leadership Locker to talk about what I think is one of the most exciting parts of name, image and likeness: student athletes as entrepreneurs.
This was a fun one because it combines so much of what I know about personal branding, and what I’ve learned the last six years building my own PR agency, with everything I’ve covered around name, image and likeness as a sports business reporter.
You can listen below or through any major podcast service.
- 00:19 – Introduction
- 05:27 – NCAA and the new NIL policy
- 08:24 – How the new policy affects student athletes
- 10:14 – How the new policy affects colleges and NCAA
- 12:58 – How the new policy may affect small businesses
- 14:53 – Athletes and personal branding
- 20:26 – The pressure for student athletes to monetize their brand
- 23:42 – The types of content student athletes can create
- 26:48 – Why students need to careful when monetizing their brand
- 31:04 – How businesses should approach student athletes
- 36:10 – Big deals and current trends
- 41:01 – The potential distraction of student athletes monetizing their brands
- 43:20 – Where to find Kristi online
- 44:23 – Rich’s closing remarks
In this episode I mentioned Influencer by Brittany Hennessy, which I highly recommend for anyone who wants to know more about influencer marketing.
How to connect with Kristi:
Connect with Rich: