Last Updated on June 5, 2014
On her first day on the job, Rutgers controversial new athletic director Julie Hermann posted an open letter to her student-athletes on ScarletKnights.com. Accused of having verbally abused student-athletes she coached at University of Tennessee nearly two decades ago, who reportedly delivered her a letter outlining their concerns shortly before she moved out of coaching and into administration, this part of her letter to Rutgers’ student-athletes is particularly interesting:
One of my primary goals as your athletic director is to create a best-in-class student-athlete care system. We are committed to developing programs to support both your athletic and your academic pursuits, which includes establishing procedures to ensure that you can always voice any issues or concerns you might have.
You can read the full letter here.
- Pringles Launches Pringles NIL March Mustache Collection
- Colorado Football Sells More Than 30,000 Tickets For Its 2023 Spring Game
- How Can International Athletes Get NIL Deals? Here’s How to Do It Safely
- Degree Partners With Giannis Antetokounmpo for Walk-On NIL Deals
- Automating NIL Operations for Collectives and Universities