I’m joined today by Stephanie Stabulis of Social Creates Impact, who I’ve been partnering with on some educational programming for coaches, administrators and student athletes as we enter the NIL era.
Stephanie is a former award-winning, top influencer marketing agency executive passionate about bringing more training, resources and education to influencers and brands. She has designed campaign strategies for hundreds of brands from small-startups to dream clients like ESPN, OREO, Nickelodeon, Southwest Airlines, Macy’s, Gilden Apparel, and Sour Patch Kids.
In this episode, I tapped into Stephanie’s knowledge on a variety of topics related to how brands will likely work with student athletes once they’re able to monetize their name, image and likeness, including:
- The difference between an influencer vs. ambassador vs. affiliate
- How much of a student athlete’s content should be directly related their athletic performance
- What brand deals typically look like and the process behind them
- How brands find the people they want to work with
- The importance of having written agreements
- Some of the risks and pitfalls student athletes need to be aware of
- The opportunities for developing content creation skills that can take student athletes beyond graduation
You can connect with Stephanie on Instagram: @socialcreatesimpact.
You can listen below or click the Subscribe button at the end of this post to be taken to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Click here to subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform >>
Listen to more episodes of the Business of College Sports podcast here
Want more on NIL? Check out the following articles and podcast episodes:
NCAA Group Licensing in the NIL Era [Podcast]
- Santa Clara Women’s Soccer Team All Get NIL Deals with ChiliSleep
- Trends in Name, Image and Likeness in the First Few Months
- Two New Platforms Will Help Florida Student Athletes Land More NIL Deals
- Florida Gator Anthony Richardson Is Focusing Only On Six- And Seven-Figure NIL Deals
- UniWorld Group Launching NIL Program For Black Student Athletes