Mike Snee, executive director of College Hockey Inc., joins the podcast to discuss how his organization has been working to support and grow men’s college hockey for more than 10 years. We talked about the current state of college hockey, how the organization supports the addition of new collegiate programs and how both USA Hockey and the National Hockey League helps support the organization’s mission.
Tune in to learn more about how College Hockey Inc. helps interested universities explore the addition of hockey, what a program needs to succeed and why Mike thinks men’s college hockey is one of the best ways to engage alumni. We also talked about the current state of college hockey and how it’s been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Note: University of Alabama at Huntsville cut its men’s hockey program after we recorded this episode. More on that here, including Mike’s comments.
You can listen below or click the Subscribe button at the end of this post to be taken to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Click here to subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform >>
- Why is College Tennis Taking a Hit? - June 30, 2020
- Kristi Dosh on The Ruling Podcast - June 29, 2020
- Black Student Athletes Using Their Voices To Demand Change - June 24, 2020
- Race and Intercollegiate Athletics - June 4, 2020
- Wright State Cuts Three Sports - June 3, 2020
- BGSU Baseball Saved - June 2, 2020
- UAH Hockey Saved For 2020-21 Season - June 2, 2020
- Brown Transitioning 11 Varsity Teams to Club Status - May 29, 2020
- University of Alabama in Huntsville Extends Lifeline to Cut Sports - May 27, 2020
- Appalachian State Cuts Men’s Soccer, Tennis and Indoor Track & Field - May 27, 2020