Prep QB coach Denny Thompson of 6Points joined the podcast to discuss the unintended consequences of the NCAA’s decision to grant Division I fall student athletes an extra year of eligibility and an extra year to complete their eligibility.
Denny chatted with me for my Forbes piece on the issue hours after the decision was announced, so in this podcast we’re diving deeper into why this isn’t a win for many student athletes. We focused on football specifically, but much of what we discussed applies to all fall student athletes.
With depth charts blown and uncertainty around who will stay and who will go, and how athletic departments will fund expanded rosters, there are many questions and few answers. However, we explore of much of it as we can at this time and chew on lots of food for thought.
You can listen below or click the Subscribe button at the end of this post to be taken to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Click here to subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform >>
Listen to more episodes of the Business of College Sports podcast here
- Advancing Blacks in Sports - September 29, 2020
- Bipartisan House Bill Introduced on Name, Image and Likeness Rights - September 24, 2020
- How SEC Teams Handled Ticketing And Seating For The 2020 Football Season - September 24, 2020
- Dr Pepper Brings Back Fansville And Doubles Tuition Giveaway Program This College Football Season - September 24, 2020
- The College Admissions Scandal: How Can We Prevent Another One? - September 22, 2020
- My Favorite Football Decor for Your House This College Football Season - September 11, 2020
- Can College Coaching Salaries be Contained? - September 9, 2020
- College Football TV Schedule For Start of 2020 Season - August 28, 2020
- The Time is Coming for Student Athlete Social Media Influencers - August 26, 2020
- NCAA Division I Eligibility Update May Carry Unintended Consequences - August 26, 2020
- Advancing Blacks in Sports
- How Student Athletes are Standing Up and Speaking Out about the Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bipartisan House Bill Introduced on Name, Image and Likeness Rights
- How SEC Teams Handled Ticketing And Seating For The 2020 Football Season
- Dr Pepper Brings Back Fansville And Doubles Tuition Giveaway Program This College Football Season