Last Updated on October 19, 2022
In this episode, we’re joined by Rayquan Smith, the “King of NIL.” Rayquan is a decathlete at Norfolk State and previously was a dual-sport athlete who also played football for the Spartans.
Rayquan received the Hustle Award at the 2022 NIL Awards and closed 70 NIL deals in Year 1 of NIL. He joins us to share:
- How he found his agent, including the questions he thinks other athletes should ask before signing with an agent
- Advice for reaching out to companies to land NIL deals
- How he’s helped educate potential brand partners on NIL
- His strategy for negotiating with brands
- How his school has supported his NIL efforts
- What he wants out of Year 2 of NIL
- How he became the “King of NIL”
- …and more!