Former UGA quarterback Aaron Murray joins the podcast in this episode to chat about his new venture, The Players’ Lounge. This NFT community was built by lettermen to empower relationships within the collegiate sports community through connecting current and former athletes with their respective fan bases while providing opportunities for student-athletes to monetize their individual brands.
Aaron joined the podcast back in January to talk with us ahead of their first NFT launch. That launch ended up generating $305,000 for the student athletes involved, a total of $28,000 each.
Now Aaron is back to tell us how they’ve expanded their concept beyond NFTs and taken it beyond UGA to other schools.
- How The Players’ Lounge got started
- The ways in which college athletes are engaging more with fans
- How NFT drops are translating to in-person events
- Their relationship with the UGA athletic department
- The pursuit of licensing agreements
- Expanding the model to additional universities
- Big picture goals for the future
You can listen below or click the Subscribe button at the end of this post to be taken to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Click here to subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform >>
Listen to more episodes of the Business of College Sports podcast here.
Transcript coming soon!
- Orlando North, Seminole County Tourism Partnering with Dreamfield to Expand NIL Campaign
- Degree Deodorant Announces Second Annual ‘Breaking Limits Team’
- Learfield And Zips Car Wash Announce First Multi-School, Co-Branded NIL Campaign
- The Boulevard Collective Launches to Support SMU Athletes
- New NIL Program Allows Pac-12 Football Players to Monetize Highlights on Twitter