Last Updated on February 3, 2023
In this episode, I’m joined by Eddie Rojas, the founder of the Gator Collective. Eddie was a former baseball player at the University of Florida and was one of the first to start an NIL collective to support student athletes in their name, image and likeness endeavors.
The Gator Collective’s success is marked by it’s more than 2,000 members and $500,000 in annualized revenue, in addition to numerous one-time gifts. It was also the first collective to sponsor the athletic department it supports, which has allowed it access other collectives are missing.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The idea behind the Gator Collective and how its model works
- The in-person events and activations the Gator Collective has staged
- How they’ve mobilized Gator Nation
- What the formal sponsorship arrangement looks like with Florida’s athletic department and how it benefits both parties
- How the Gator Collective built the relationship with the athletic department
- Big upcoming goals for the Gator Collective
You can listen below or click the Subscribe button at the end of this post to be taken to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Click here to subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform >>
Listen to more episodes of the Business of College Sports podcast here.
Transcript coming soon!