Reed’s Ginger Beer announced today it is now the “Official Ginger Beer” of the Rose Bowl Stadium. Reed’s varieties will be available inside and outside the stadium throughout the college football season, including at the iconic Rose Bowl. In addition to offering its suite of beverages at all stadium events, it will also be available on-campus at UCLA.
“The Rose Bowl Stadium and Reed’s are well-known and revered American brand names. Born in Los Angeles, they have been woven into the fabric of America, representing authenticity and healthy fun while reflecting the tradition and values that have made them cultural American icons,” said Lindsay Martin, vice president of marketing for Reed’s.
“Reed’s and the Rose Bowl Stadium are a natural partnership. We look forward to giving a packed Rose Bowl Stadium a healthy and delicious dose of ginger.”
Reed’s will also be served at Brookside Golf Club at The Rose Bowl Stadium, available both in the clubhouse bar and at the golf course beverage carts.
“We are excited to welcome Reed’s Ginger Beer to our family of partners at America’s Stadium. Varied and quality craft food and beverage offerings are a priority for fans that attend world-class football games, soccer matches, and concerts at our iconic venue. Having a partner like Reed’s that aligns with that initiative is exciting,” says Jens Weiden, chief revenue officer at the Rose Bowl Stadium.
According to Nielsen data, ginger beer has been growing in popularity in recent years. For the 52-week period ending October 26, 2019, sales of ginger beer grew to $99.8 million, an 8.9% increase. That was after a 15.8% increase the year prior.
In business for 30 years, Reed’s features a simple formula that uses fresh ginger, sparkling water, fruit juices, honey, cane sugar and spices. The brand also offers a Certified Ketogenic Zero Sugar variety and recently introduced Wellness Ginger Shots, available both in original and with caffeine.
Taking the partnership beyond the stadium and UCLA’s campus, Reed’s also teamed up with local Los Angeles mixologist Prairie Rose from Bit By a Fox, to create The Rose Bowl Buck, featuring Reed’s Strongest Ginger Beer, bourbon, amaro nonino, and lemon juice.
Fans visiting Rose Bowl Stadium will be able to sample Reed’s and win swag from the brand’s signature Green Machine truck in the Public Fan Fest and at the Ralph’s Tailgates.
This piece originally appeared on Forbes on December 4, 2019.
- Nineteen States Now Have Name, Image and Likeness Laws - June 15, 2021
- How Artificial Intelligence Can Help Student Athletes Monetize Their NIL - June 10, 2021
- ‘Reverse Sponsorship’ Sees Baylor University Buy Naming Rights At Topgolf Waco - June 7, 2021
- Is There A Title IX Issue With Notre Dame’s Football Recruiting Billboards? - June 7, 2021
- The NAIA’s Experience with NIL - June 3, 2021
- Student Athletes as Social Media Influencers: The Issues They’ll Face - June 2, 2021
- Oklahoma Becomes 18th State with an NIL Law - June 2, 2021
- Nevada Becomes 17th State with an NIL Law - May 31, 2021
- An Update on NCAA, State and Federal NIL Legislation - May 27, 2021
- Dos Equis Expands College Sports Portfolio With Big Noon Kickoff Sponsorship On FOX Sports - May 19, 2021
- Nineteen States Now Have Name, Image and Likeness Laws
- How Artificial Intelligence Can Help Student Athletes Monetize Their NIL
- ‘Reverse Sponsorship’ Sees Baylor University Buy Naming Rights At Topgolf Waco
- Is There A Title IX Issue With Notre Dame’s Football Recruiting Billboards?
- The NAIA’s Experience with NIL