The International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, a union who represents freelance technical crew members, has established a strike against the Pac-12 Networks. The union is one of the largest in Hollywood. The strike began on Saturday when union members picketed outside games at USC, Arizona State, Oregon State, Oregon and Washington.
Reports say approximately 100 union members picketed outside the USC-Minnesota game.
The impact on Pac-12 Networks isn’t immediately known. Reports indicated fewer cameras were used for the USC-Minnesota game, presumably as a result of the strike.
The IATSE says the Pac-12 Networks uses both union and non-union labor at sporting events it covers. Non-contract workers receive lower wages and no benefits according to the IATSE. The union is looking for Pac-12 Networks to establish standard wages and benefits for all workers represented by IATSE.
- Lessons from a Navy Seal Turned DIII Athletic Director
- The Leadership Locker Podcast: How College Athletes Can Now Monetize Their Brand
- Buddy Boeheim Lands Cereal Box Deal in Another First of the NIL Era
- UNC Partners With The Brandr Group For Group Licensing Program For College Athletes
- How Compliance Administrators are Navigating the Early Days of NIL Rights