This Saturday’s game between No. 1 LSU and No. 2 Alabama is being billed by some as this year’s National Championship game. Each team’s success on the gridiron this season has understandably piqued the general public’s interest in the game.
Interest in the game has in turn driven the price of tickets for the game.
Reports indicate that Alabama students could have purchased a game ticket for $5.00 earlier in the season. On October 29, 2,141 tickets for the game remained on StubHub.com. The lowest ticket on the site could be purchased for $229.00 on that date.
On the eve of the game, 203 tickets remain on StubHub. The least expensive pair of tickets, located in an upper level, was priced at $399.00 per seat. This price represents a 74 percent increase in the price of tickets for the game on StubHub over a six day period. The highest priced ticket on StubHub was for a single lower level ticket which was being sold for $865.00.
On Craigslist, fans were willing to spend $600.00 in cash for a pair of tickets. One owner was seeking $1,000.00 for his two tickets.
Even if this weekend’s match-up between LSU and Alabama is not the National Championship, one thing is for certain: ticket sales will rake in a lot of money!
- Game Face: My New NIL Podcast with Linktree for Student Athletes
- Learfield Allied Offers Access to Intellectual Property for NIL
- Oregon Student Athletes Will Rotate As Airbnb Hosts in New NIL Concept
- Oregon-Focused NIL Company Division Street Joins Forces With Opendorse
- Dos Equis Sponsors Wedding At Kyle Field On Game Day