Last Updated on June 8, 2014
If you want to work in intercollegiate athletics, or you’re a young administrator who wants to advance in the industry, and you’ll be at the NACDA and affiliates convention in Orlando in a couple of weeks, you won’t want to miss this opportunity! Senior-level administrators and hiring managers can review your cover letter and resume and even engage you in a mock interview in this great (free!) session at convention.
Who: Young Administrators & Students
What: Young Administrators Cover Letter and Resume Review and Mock Interviews
When: Tuesday & Wednesday, June 10-11 (3-5 pm)
Where: NACDA & Affiliates Convention, World Center Marriott Resort (Orlando, FL), Denver & Chicago Rooms
Young administrators and students registered to attend the Convention can sign up to have their cover letter and resume reviewed in one-on-one coaching sessions, to participate in a mock interview or both. The following individuals will be participating as reviewers:
- Mary Pink, Associate Athletics Director for Marketing & Promotions, Iowa State University
- Tracie Hitz, Director of Business Operations (Women’s Basketball), NCAA
- Trip Durham, CEO of 2D Consulting and Duke public address announcer
- Zack Lassiter, Senior Associate Athletic Director – External Relations, University of Central Florida
- Jeff Bain, Athletic Director, Martin Methodist College
- Brian Reed, Assistant AD, Human Resources/Risk Management, University of Central Florida
- April Taylor, Senior Associate Director of Compliance/Student-Athlete Services, Jacksonville University
A reviewer will be assigned to each attendee with the goal of pairing the attendee with someone they do not already know. This will enable the attendee to receive advice and coaching based solely on his/her materials, much in the same way he/she would be judged by a potential employer with no past knowledge of their work.
Sessions will be scheduled every half hour from 3-5 p.m. on both Tuesday, June 10th and Wednesday, June 11th.
How to Register:
Email us here with the following information:
- Your name
- Current position
- Area of interest
- First, second and third choice for day and time and whether you’re interested in cover letter/resume review, mock interview or both. If you’re doing both, our goal is to schedule your sessions back-to-back, which means committing to a full hour
- Attach your cover letter and resume, if you’re interested in the cover letter/resume review
We will respond to you prior to convention with the name of your reviewer and your assigned date and time.
- Buick Partners With Five College Basketball Stars in “See Her Greatness” Campaign
- MarketPryce Partners With UCLA Women’s Basketball Team Through TikTok Challenge
- Pringles Launches Pringles NIL March Mustache Collection
- Colorado Football Sells More Than 30,000 Tickets For Its 2023 Spring Game
- How Can International Athletes Get NIL Deals? Here’s How to Do It Safely