For those who haven’t been reading BusinessofCollegeSports.com from the beginning, I want to point you towards the posts that cover the topics people seem to search for the most often:
- Television Contract Breakdown – this post breaks down the television contracts for each of the six AQ conferences.
- Conference Finance Series – here you’ll find a post for each AQ conference and some (soon to be all) of the non-AQ conferences with regards to each school’s revenue and expenses for football and for the athletic department overall, as reported to the US Department of Education.
- How Much Did the BCS Top 25 Spend on Recruiting? – is there a correlation between recruiting budget and performance?
- How Much of a Drain are “Other Sports”? – see how the profit from football is used to cover other sports.
- How Title IX Relates to Paying Players – detailed breakdown of how Title IX impacts any pay-for-play plan.
- Why an Antitrust Suit is Unlikely to Bring Playoffs to College Football – I don the lawyer hat and detail the uphill battle for any antitrust suit against the BCS and how even a successful suit doesn’t mean a playoff will result.
- Why is Cam Newton Not Guilty of an SEC Bylaws Violation? – I put on my lawyer hat again and explain why Cam Newton wasn’t found guilty of an SEC bylaws violation.
- North Carolina Brands Back HBCU Female Athletes With NIL Deal
- UCLA Quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson Partners With Crash Bandicoot
- NBCUniversal’s Streaming Platform Peacock Initiates The First NIL Live Sporting Event
- NIL Education Program Pushes Student-Athletes to Become Better Storytellers
- Marshall Tight End Devin Miller Lands Dream NIL Opportunity in Deal With Dr. Squatch