This week I’m joined by Rachel Baribeau, founder of I’m Changing the Narrative to talk about mental health for student athletes and addressing domestic and societal issues student athletes face. A sports broadcaster with a storied career covering college football, Rachel founded I’m Changing the Narrative to address issues facing student athletes she met on campus, from mental health to dating, home life and other pressures. She’s a regular speaker on college campuses across the country, vulnerably sharing her own struggles with domestic violence and suicide.
Rachel developed #ImChangingtheNarrative with student athletes in mind and a belief that one crooked course made straight is everything. One misstep not taken means one less victim in the world. And one less life thrown away because of a split second bad decision.
If your athletic department is looking for ways to better communicate with your student athletes and address mental health and domestic issues, this episode is a must-listen!
You can listen below or click the Subscribe button at the end of this post to be taken to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Click here to subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform >>
- Why is College Tennis Taking a Hit? - June 30, 2020
- Kristi Dosh on The Ruling Podcast - June 29, 2020
- Black Student Athletes Using Their Voices To Demand Change - June 24, 2020
- Race and Intercollegiate Athletics - June 4, 2020
- Wright State Cuts Three Sports - June 3, 2020
- BGSU Baseball Saved - June 2, 2020
- UAH Hockey Saved For 2020-21 Season - June 2, 2020
- Brown Transitioning 11 Varsity Teams to Club Status - May 29, 2020
- University of Alabama in Huntsville Extends Lifeline to Cut Sports - May 27, 2020
- Appalachian State Cuts Men’s Soccer, Tennis and Indoor Track & Field - May 27, 2020