This week I’m joined by Rachel Baribeau, founder of I’m Changing the Narrative to talk about mental health for student athletes and addressing domestic and societal issues student athletes face. A sports broadcaster with a storied career covering college football, Rachel founded I’m Changing the Narrative to address issues facing student athletes she met on campus, from mental health to dating, home life and other pressures. She’s a regular speaker on college campuses across the country, vulnerably sharing her own struggles with domestic violence and suicide.
Rachel developed #ImChangingtheNarrative with student athletes in mind and a belief that one crooked course made straight is everything. One misstep not taken means one less victim in the world. And one less life thrown away because of a split second bad decision.
If your athletic department is looking for ways to better communicate with your student athletes and address mental health and domestic issues, this episode is a must-listen!
You can listen below or click the Subscribe button at the end of this post to be taken to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Click here to subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform >>
- Seattle Kraken Raising Money to Save Men’s College Hockey at Alaska Anchorage - March 1, 2021
- NIL and College Football: Coaches Have Some NIL Concerns - February 24, 2021
- Iowa Women’s Swimming and Diving Is Reinstated - February 15, 2021
- Iowa Swimming and Diving Student Athletes Continue Pursuing Title IX Lawsuit - January 30, 2021
- Dartmouth Reinstates All Five Cut Sports - January 30, 2021
- Revisiting Why College Tennis Programs Are Being Eliminated - January 25, 2021
- ACC And SEC Big Winners In 2020-21 College Football Playoff Payouts - December 21, 2020
- Student Athlete Mental Health and Creating a Safe and Supportive Culture - December 8, 2020
- Proposed Changes to NCAA Name, Image and Likeness Regulations for Division I - December 3, 2020
- Brand Deals for Student Athletes in the NIL Era - December 1, 2020