This week I’m joined by Rachel Baribeau, founder of I’m Changing the Narrative to talk about mental health for student athletes and addressing domestic and societal issues student athletes face. A sports broadcaster with a storied career covering college football, Rachel founded I’m Changing the Narrative to address issues facing student athletes she met on campus, from mental health to dating, home life and other pressures. She’s a regular speaker on college campuses across the country, vulnerably sharing her own struggles with domestic violence and suicide.
Rachel developed #ImChangingtheNarrative with student athletes in mind and a belief that one crooked course made straight is everything. One misstep not taken means one less victim in the world. And one less life thrown away because of a split second bad decision.
If your athletic department is looking for ways to better communicate with your student athletes and address mental health and domestic issues, this episode is a must-listen!
You can listen below or click the Subscribe button at the end of this post to be taken to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Click here to subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform >>
- Adobe Launches Micro Internship Initiative With HBCU and HSI Athletes
- Current Guidance on NIL for International Student Athletes
- Bumble Signs 50 Female College Athletes To NIL Deals For Title IX’s 50th Anniversary
- Incoming USC QB Malachi Nelson Announces First NIL Deal
- Division Street’s New NFT Program To Benefit Oregon’s Female Athletes