Last Updated on April 14, 2020 by Kristi Dosh
I’m joined by Gail Sideman, a former SID turned publicist who has a wealth of experience in strategic communications, including crisis communications.
We chatted about several football head coaches who’ve made the headlines lately and how those situations can be mitigated going forward. We discussed whose role it is to get the athletic department on the same page when we find ourselves in a situation that lends itself to so much personal opinion. What role do athletic directors play right now in communications and messaging? What about SIDs?
We also discussed student athletes and what should be communicated to them right now and how to help them responsibly manage their own communications.
If you’ve either experienced a “foot in mouth” situation in your own department or want to avoid one in the future, this is the episode for you.
You can listen below or click the Subscribe button at the end of this post to be taken to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Click here to subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform >>
- North Carolina Brands Back HBCU Female Athletes With NIL Deal
- UCLA Quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson Partners With Crash Bandicoot
- NBCUniversal’s Streaming Platform Peacock Initiates The First NIL Live Sporting Event
- NIL Education Program Pushes Student-Athletes to Become Better Storytellers
- Marshall Tight End Devin Miller Lands Dream NIL Opportunity in Deal With Dr. Squatch