I’m joined by Gail Sideman, a former SID turned publicist who has a wealth of experience in strategic communications, including crisis communications.
We chatted about several football head coaches who’ve made the headlines lately and how those situations can be mitigated going forward. We discussed whose role it is to get the athletic department on the same page when we find ourselves in a situation that lends itself to so much personal opinion. What role do athletic directors play right now in communications and messaging? What about SIDs?
We also discussed student athletes and what should be communicated to them right now and how to help them responsibly manage their own communications.
If you’ve either experienced a “foot in mouth” situation in your own department or want to avoid one in the future, this is the episode for you.
You can listen below or click the Subscribe button at the end of this post to be taken to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Click here to subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform >>
- Name, Image and Likeness for Community College Student Athletes - October 20, 2020
- NAIA Becomes First In College Sports To Pass Name, Image And Likeness Legislation - October 20, 2020
- Advancing Blacks in Sports - September 29, 2020
- Bipartisan House Bill Introduced on Name, Image and Likeness Rights - September 24, 2020
- How SEC Teams Handled Ticketing And Seating For The 2020 Football Season - September 24, 2020
- Dr Pepper Brings Back Fansville And Doubles Tuition Giveaway Program This College Football Season - September 24, 2020
- The College Admissions Scandal: How Can We Prevent Another One? - September 22, 2020
- My Favorite Football Decor for Your House This College Football Season - September 11, 2020
- Can College Coaching Salaries be Contained? - September 9, 2020
- College Football TV Schedule For Start of 2020 Season - August 28, 2020
- College Football Coaching Salaries: SEC
- Name, Image and Likeness for Community College Student Athletes
- What a Federal NIL Bill Could Mean for NCAA Athletes as Social Media Influencers
- NAIA Becomes First In College Sports To Pass Name, Image And Likeness Legislation
- College Football Coaching Salaries: Pac-12