Last Updated on June 5, 2014
In addition to paying a reported $200,000 to hire Korn/Ferry International, an executive search firm, to assist with its athletic director search, University of Texas has announced an advisory committee that will assist with the search:
- Steve Hicks, vice chair of the Board of Regents, one of the board’s athletics liaisons, and owner and executive chairman of Capstar Partners LLC, a private investment firm.
- Robert Stillwell, member of the Board of Regents, one of the board’s athletics liaisons, retired partner at Baker Botts LLP and an original director of Mesa Petroleum Co.
- Michael Clement, accounting professor, McCombs School of Business at UT Austin, and faculty representative to the Men’s and Women’s Athletics Councils.
- Charles Matthews, former vice president and general counsel of Exxon Mobil, current president of the Texas Exes.
- Robert Rowling, former member of the Board of Regents and owner and chairman of TRT Holdings Inc.
- Charles Tate, chairman of Capital Royalty, former member of the executive committee of the university’s Commission of 125.
- Pamela Willeford, former U.S. ambassador to Switzerland and Liechtenstein and former chair of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
Kristi A. Dosh is an attorney and founder of BusinessofCollegeSports.com. Her latest book on the business of college football, Saturday Millionaires, is available now. Visit SaturdayMillionaires.com for retailers and a sneak peak at the first chapter! Follow her on Twitter: @SportsBizMiss.
- Michigan Announces Co-Branding NIL Initiative With LEARFIELD Allied
- New Developments in NIL for International Student Athletes
- Group Licensing Opportunities for Collectives
- Laney Higgins Gives Back For National Girls & Women in Sports Day Through NIL.Store Deal
- Express Expands Collegiate Athlete Style Ambassador Program Nationwide