I asked my friend Alan Verlander, CEO of Airstream Ventures, to do a quick bonus episode with me on the financial impact changes to the NCAA tournament will have on local economies — from arenas to hotels to restaurants and workers. We also talked about how quickly things are changing and what we think will happen next.
Alan was the Director of Athletics at Jacksonville University from 2005-2012, then served as the Executive Director of Sports and Entertainment for the City of Jacksonville, and the Chief Executive Officer of the Jacksonville Sports Council, before going out on his own to found Airstream Ventures. Alan has led and worked some of the nation’s largest events including four NCAA Basketball Tournaments, Davis Cup Tennis, Navy vs. Notre Dame Football game, Gator Bowl, Spartan Races, Florida vs. Georgia Football Game, and US Men’s and Women’s National Team Soccer matches.
You can listen below or click the Subscribe button at the end of this post to be taken to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Click here to subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform >>
- 2021 March Madness Payouts from Men’s Basketball Tournament Impacted by 2020 - March 27, 2021
- Seattle Kraken Raising Money to Save Men’s College Hockey at Alaska Anchorage - March 1, 2021
- NIL and College Football: Coaches Have Some NIL Concerns - February 24, 2021
- Iowa Women’s Swimming and Diving Is Reinstated - February 15, 2021
- Iowa Swimming and Diving Student Athletes Continue Pursuing Title IX Lawsuit - January 30, 2021
- Dartmouth Reinstates All Five Cut Sports - January 30, 2021
- Revisiting Why College Tennis Programs Are Being Eliminated - January 25, 2021
- ACC And SEC Big Winners In 2020-21 College Football Playoff Payouts - December 21, 2020
- Student Athlete Mental Health and Creating a Safe and Supportive Culture - December 8, 2020
- Proposed Changes to NCAA Name, Image and Likeness Regulations for Division I - December 3, 2020
- 2021 March Madness Payouts from Men’s Basketball Tournament Impacted by 2020
- Seattle Kraken Raising Money to Save Men’s College Hockey at Alaska Anchorage
- Breaking Down The Latest Proposed Federal NIL Legislation
- NIL and College Football: Coaches Have Some NIL Concerns
- Iowa Women’s Swimming and Diving Is Reinstated