Last Updated on April 21, 2022
In this episode, I’m joined by Gary Veron, Associate Athletic Director for Student-Athlete Experience at BYU.
BYU has been very proactive in its approach to name, image and likeness, so I invited Gary on to discuss what’s going on in Provo. We dive into:
- How Gary’s position morphed from compliance to an NIL focus
- Why BYU took a more proactive approach toward NIL right off the bat
- The overwhelming response from Provo and alum to NIL
- Why BYU has seen so many team-wide and group NIL deals
- How the story of the BYU athlete is different
- The course the athletic department created around NIL
- The Shark Tank-style competition they hosted for student athletes
- What student athletes have said they want more education on
- The role public speaking has played in NIL
- How collectives are impacting NIL and recruiting
- The letter of inquiry they received from the NCAA’
You can listen below or click the Subscribe button at the end of this post to be taken to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Click here to subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform >>
Listen to more episodes of the Business of College Sports podcast here.
Transcript coming soon!
- Alabama Extends Mutimedia Rights With LEARFIELD in Landmark Deal
- Outback Steakhouse and Elon Defensive Lineman Partner to Support Fighting Pretty
- WWE Announces Its Third “Next In Line” NIL Class
- Crowdfunding Platform Champsraise Announces New Campaign
- MarketPryce Joins Forces With Seven University of Arizona Women’s Teams