Last Updated on February 20, 2023
University of Tennesee Volunteers Baseball junior infielder Maui Ahuna is already making a name for himself beyond the diamond.
Ahuna secured a name, image and likeness deal with Weigel’s Stores, a convenience store chain based in Powell, Tenn. with 68 locations in the East Tennessee region. They have a reputation for being one of the first convenience stores in the Knoxville area, owning both Broadacre Dairy and Red Barn Foods.
As part of the deal, Ahuna starred in a commercial sporting a Weigel-style baseball jersey with the Volunteers’ print. He joins the former University of Tennessee baseball stand-out Evan Russell as the only Volunteer baseball player to have worked with Weigel’s by way of NIL.
Ahuna will be a pivotal player for the Volunteers baseball team. However, he has not been activated into the starting lineup; his past two seasons indicate what Volunteer baseball fans can expect this season.
Before transferring to the University of Tennesee, Ahuna spent his freshman and sophomore seasons as a Kansas Jayhawk. He totaled eight home runs and forty-eight RBIs while batting .396 during the 2022 season.
- Buick Partners With Five College Basketball Stars in “See Her Greatness” Campaign
- MarketPryce Partners With UCLA Women’s Basketball Team Through TikTok Challenge
- Pringles Launches Pringles NIL March Mustache Collection
- Colorado Football Sells More Than 30,000 Tickets For Its 2023 Spring Game
- How Can International Athletes Get NIL Deals? Here’s How to Do It Safely