What can sports marketing and branding teach us about marketing ourselves? Since it’s Valentine’s Day later this week, I asked my friend Tracie Hitz to join me to discuss her background as a sports marketer and how she’s taken those skills and started applying them to other aspects of her life, including dating. Having spent time in a Big Ten athletic department, within a sports marketing agency and at the NCAA marketing women’s basketball, Tracie has a breadth of experience in sports marketing and branding.
Today, Tracie is a branding strategist who uses storytelling to help people achieve anything they want in life. Whether it’s in sports, entertainment or even dating, she believes the core structure is the same: Set Your Goal. Tell Your Story. Achieve Your Dream.
Join us today for a fun chat about what sports marketing can teach you about marketing yourself – in dating and in life.
Tracie is the author of Ms. Calculated: A Dating Plan So Easy A Teenager Can Do It.
You can listen below or click the Subscribe button at the end of this post to be taken to your favorite podcast app to listen.
Click here to subscribe and listen on your favorite podcast platform >>
- ACC And SEC Big Winners In 2020-21 College Football Playoff Payouts - December 21, 2020
- Student Athlete Mental Health and Creating a Safe and Supportive Culture - December 8, 2020
- Proposed Changes to NCAA Name, Image and Likeness Regulations for Division I - December 3, 2020
- Brand Deals for Student Athletes in the NIL Era - December 1, 2020
- NCAA Group Licensing in the NIL Era - November 4, 2020
- Name, Image and Likeness for Community College Student Athletes - October 20, 2020
- NAIA Becomes First In College Sports To Pass Name, Image And Likeness Legislation - October 20, 2020
- Advancing Blacks in Sports - September 29, 2020
- Bipartisan House Bill Introduced on Name, Image and Likeness Rights - September 24, 2020
- How SEC Teams Handled Ticketing And Seating For The 2020 Football Season - September 24, 2020
- ACC And SEC Big Winners In 2020-21 College Football Playoff Payouts
- Student Athlete Mental Health and Creating a Safe and Supportive Culture
- Proposed Changes to NCAA Name, Image and Likeness Regulations for Division I
- Brand Deals for Student Athletes in the NIL Era
- NCAA Group Licensing in the NIL Era