Last Updated on September 28, 2022
In this episode, we’re joined by UNC women’s basketball athlete Deja Kelly. Deja has seen incredible success with NIL, inking partnerships with major brands such as Outback Steakhouse, Beats by Dre, Dunkin Donuts and more.
However, it’s not all about flashy brands and dollar signs for Deja. She’s been very strategic about using her NIL to have a positive impact on younger athletes and to support single mothers, having been raised by one herself.
We chat with Deja about:
- How she prepared for NIL last year
- The partnerships she’s leveraging to benefit single mothers
- Developing her camps with a focus on life skills, business skills and financial literary, and not just basketball
- Balancing NIL during the season
- Working with Forever 21 and Sports Illustrated to showcase her personality
- Taking equity in companies to create generational wealth
You can learn more about Deja’s camps at DejaKellyCamp.com.
Follow Deja on Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter.
You can follow The Players’ Platform podcast on Instagram: @playersplatformpod.
The Players’ Platform is available on all major podcast platforms, or you can listen below.
- Colorado Football Sells More Than 30,000 Tickets For Its 2023 Spring Game
- How Can International Athletes Get NIL Deals? Here’s How to Do It Safely
- Degree Partners With Giannis Antetokounmpo for Walk-On NIL Deals
- Automating NIL Operations for Collectives and Universities
- NIL Educational Seminar Unveiled for #NACDA23